|June 8, 2017| 4mins
Timber Tots Child Care were lucky enough to be approached by Channel 7 News to feature the Child Care Centre as leaders of change within the industry.
After five years in the making, and after only 3months post opening doors, Timber Tots Child Care, a privately owned and operated Centre has quickly become one of South East Queensland’s most sought after Child Care’s. Paying homage to the local area, the name was inspired by the properties’ previous long 100 year history as a timber yard. Timber from the old mill and sheds has been recycled as much as possible to create beautiful natural play elements throughout the Centre, including forts and swings, as well as many other features within.
Some of the key identifiable differences which stimulated the Channel 7 News story included
* Huge amounts of Indoor and Outdoor space
* There are 3 separate play spaces ensuring the children are able to develop and extend their gross and fine motor skills, imagination and creativity – The 0-2 year old playground, featuring Australia’s largest retractable roof, allows these children to spend time outside their rooms at any time of the day, in any weather conditions.
* The Centre Library, features a full time Librarian and arts teacher who takes each class every day – encouraging children to borrow books and develop a love for literacy
* Employing more staff than required to ensure education and love of play based learning
* A smart centre, with WiFi throughout, ipads in every room for sign in and out, touchscreen TV’s in the Kindergarten Room, Computers in the Pre Kindy and Kindy Rooms and every Lead Educator provided with their own Surface Pro
* The Centre Dance Hall, bounded by two fully retractable aeroplane doors, creates a perfect space to not only hold Dance lessons but all Extra Curricular activities.
* The newest addition to Timber Tots is the Centre Vegetable Garden. This garden truly embeds sustainability and nature play into the Timber Tots culture. This purpose built excursion space, allows our children to be involved and learn about nature from paddock to plate. The children are able to plant seedlings, harvest crops, pick apples and oranges, understand how native bees create honey, interact with chickens and ducks and recycle through the centre worm farms. When combined with our natural connection with the parkland – Timber Tots provides a completely refreshing view on child care.
* All custom hand made furniture throughout
* Community engagement – hosting and supporting Mini Farm Project – Growing food for the poor